Thursday, February 16, 2006

well not too much to update since last time. I'm going back to Zanzibar this weekend, should be fun, we get to go on a spice tour and stay in some swank hotel. Should be a good time, maybe I'll even be able to see Rachel around, although she has been pretty busy.
Classes started this week, and so far they are pretty basic. Just basic stuff so far and i still have swahili for a couple hours every morning. It's going okay, but getting a bit harder now that we are beyond the basics. I really should practice more, but I still have some trouble with basic sentences and such. I'm hoping the classes will get more interesting, and that the professors will be easier to understand as time goes on! I sit in the back next to the air conditioner which makes it a bit difficult paying attention.
It has started raining a bit which is good, it'll poor for about 10 minutes and then clear up and get really humid and sticky (not so good), but if it means no more power outages and water shortages then I think I can handle it! Right now there are rolling power outages, so every other day there is not power in the evenings. It doesn't disrupt life all that much, people here seem pretty used to it. Anyway I'm going to try and post some pictures from the time i've been here, hope it works!
Here's the link http://www.kodakgallery.com/I.jsp?c=i521bc1.7mv1e6xl&x=0&y=7vzikb

1 Comments:

Blogger tom said...

Great pictures Annie... bringing back memories of Zanzibar and Jambiani. Have you tried the sugar cane juice at the evening market yet? We did the spice tour also... I never knew where cinnamon came from, or pepper.

8:28 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home